Alec Baldwin was photographed arriving at his Manhattan home late Wednesday – hours after the embattled actor was slapped with a lawsuit accusing him of “intentionally” firing the gun that killed “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.
The 63-year-old returned to his apartment with his wife Hilaria and friends after spending the evening out amid his mounting legal woes.
Earlier in the day, script supervisor Mamie Mitchell alleged in a new lawsuit that Baldwin recklessly fired the revolver when it wasn’t called for in the script, killing Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza on the New Mexico set of the Western flick.
“There was nothing in the script about the gun being discharged by DEFENDANT BALDWIN or by any other person,” the lawsuit says.
Mitchell claims that “Alec Baldwin intentionally, without just cause or excuse, cocked and fired and loaded gun even though the upcoming scene to be filmed did not call for the cocking and firing of a firearm.”
Hanna Gutierrez-Reed, who was the armorer on the “Rust” set, is also named as a defendant in the suit against the actor and the movie production company.
Mitchell is suing for an unspecified amount for loss of future earnings, special and general damages, attorneys’ fees and punitive damages.
Police have been investigating the fatal on-set incident for several weeks and said one of their primary goals is to ascertain how a live round got inside the prop revolver.
No charges have been filed in the case.