A specialized dive team is back at the scene of the massive search for Brian Laundrie at a swampy Florida park, as police seek to question the 23-year-old fugitive in the death of Long Island native Gabby Petito.
The divers were dispatched to the 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve as the search for Laundrie neared two weeks, The Sun reported.
Police confirmed that the teams, who were initially deployed last week, remain part of the search for Laundrie.
“Dive teams have been in and out of the search for a while,” North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor told The Post Wednesday. “They are still active in the search process.”
“We continue to search,” he said.
Petito, 22, disappeared late last month while on a cross-country trip with Laundrie, and her body was found Sept. 19 at a remote Wyoming campground.
Her death was ruled a homicide by a Wyoming coroner.
Laundrie, who returned home to Florida without her on Sept. 1, refused to cooperate with authorities and went missing on Sept. 14, according to his parents.
The FBI has since spearheaded a massive search for Laundrie.
Laundrie has not been charged with Petito’s death but is the sole person of interest in the case. Last week, he was hit with federal fraud charges for allegedly using someone else’s bank card on Aug. 30 and Sept. 1.
The FBI has not said if the card belonged to Petito, who was last seen alive with Laundrie at a Wyoming restaurant on Aug. 27.