Accused Michigan high school shooter Ethan Crumbley pleaded not guilty Wednesday, as he was arraigned on four counts of murder and other charges in the deadly Nov. 30 attack.
Crumbley, 15, appeared in Oakland County Circuit Court via video feed from the county jail, where he is being held without bail following his arrest for the bloodbath at Oxford High School, the Detroit News said in a report.
He entered the plea through his lawyer.
Crumbley, a sophomore at the school, faces 24 charges in all, including terrorism, gun possession and seven counts of attempted murder for wounding seven classmates.
Judge Kwame Rowe scheduled a conference in the case for Jan. 19, the outlet said.
Crumbley’s virtual court appearance comes six weeks after the mass shooting at the school.
Police said Crumbley emerged from a school bathroom and began shooting following a meeting with his parents and school officials over disturbing drawings he made in class.
The teenager surrendered to police when they arrived at the scene.
His parents, James and Jennifer Crumbley, fled cops but were later arrested and are now jailed on charges of involuntary manslaughter for buying the 9mm handgun the teen used in the attack and leaving it unsecured.
This week, troubling new revelations surfaced about Ethan Crumbley in a lawsuit filed against the school, claiming administrators missed clear warning signs.
Among the claims is that the teen had brought ammunition and even a bird’s head in a mason jar to school in the weeks leading up to the shooting.
The suit alleges that school officials should have reported Crumbley to Child Protective Services after the bizarre and disturbing incidents.
Prosecutors said earlier that Crumbley had also texted his mother about “demons” and “ghosts” before the shootings.