Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie fought a month before she was reported missing: cops

Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie fought a month before she was reported missing: cops

Missing Long Island woman Gabby Petito and her boyfriend scuffled near a Utah national park last month, telling police that tension between the two “had been building over the last few days,” according to police records.

Petito also told cops she feared her beau, Brian Laundrie, was going to drive off and leave her behind.

Petito, 22, and Laundrie told cops in Moab, Utah, during the Aug. 12 incident that they had been traveling together for months and that the “emotional strain between them” had led to an “increased number of arguments,” the report, obtained by The Post, shows.

Police initially responded to a report of a domestic disturbance and later pulled over the 2012 Ford Transit van the two were traveling in.

“I approached the vehicle and saw the only occupants being Gabrielle and Brian,” Police Officer Daniel Scott Robbins wrote. “Gabrielle, who was in the passenger east, was crying uncontrollably.”

Petito and Laundrie told cops they both suffered from an undisclosed disorder, with Laundrie telling the officer “neither he nor Gabrielle take medication.”

According to the report, the couple got into an argument near a local convenience store, and Petito attempted to slap Laundrie, who locked her out of the van.

“Brian said Gabrielle, thinking he was going to leave her in Moab without a ride, went to slap him,” the report said. “As Gabrielle started to swing, Brian pushed her away to avoided the slap. As a result Gabrielle, off-balance, but still caught Brian’s face with some fingers causing minor visible scratches.”

But neither of the two wanted to press charges, and police said they “then determined the most appropriate course of action would be to help separate the parties for the night so they could reset their mental states without interference from one another.”

The officers found a hotel room for Laundrie for the night and Petito remained in the van.

The 22-year-old Long Island native was last heard from late last month and reported missing by her mother on Sept. 11. 

Laundrie returned home with the van on Sept. 1 and has since refused to cooperate.

Source link