A California man’s hand was chopped off by a sword-wielding homeless suspect Saturday night.
Police in Riverside, 55 miles east of Los Angeles, were alerted to the medieval dismemberment when several residents called 911 to report a severed hand lying on the sidewalk in a downtown neighborhood around 10:30 p.m., officials said.
A short time later a man missing a hand checked into a local hospital and told doctors the injury was caused by someone who was swinging a sword, according to police.
No arrests had been made and the identity of the suspect was still under investigation by Riverside detectives, officials said.
Both the victim — who is in his 60s — and the attacker are homeless, and the sword attack may have stemmed from a “recent and ongoing dispute,” cops told The Post.