Prince Harry accused the royal family of carrying out an “active campaign” to undermine his memoir — suggesting they are “uncomfortable and scared” by his side of the story.
The 38-year-old exiled royal told Stephen Colbert on “The Late Show” that “nothing’s changed” in the way he alleges his family works to deliberately plant stories to attack him.
Soon after pouring the prince a tequila, Colbert asked him: “Do you think that right now there is an active campaign by the rest of your family, by the royal house as it were, to undermine this book and you?”
“Of course,” Harry said.
While Harry said it was “mainly by the British press,” he agreed when the late-night host asked if it was also “aided and abetted by the palace.”
“Again, of course,” Harry said in the interview filmed Monday but aired late Tuesday.
“This is the other side of the story, right? After 38 years. They’ve told their side of the story, this is the other side of the story.
“And there’s a lot in here that perhaps makes people uncomfortable and scared,” he said of his memoir, which follows earlier attacks on his family during numerous interviews and a six-part Netflix docuseries.
So far, Buckingham Palace has yet to officially comment on “Spare,” which is packed full of startling — and sometimes intimate — revelations about his family, including dad, King Charles III, brother, heir apparent Prince William, and Queen Consort Camilla, whom he accuses of getting her PR person to “spin” him “right under the bus.”
Despite their silence, the family and palace had orchestrated much of the negative spin against the book, Harry suggested.
“I’m not gonna lie — the last few days have been hurtful and challenging,” he said.
“My words are not dangerous, but the spin of my words are very dangerous to my family,” he said of wife Meghan Markle and their kids, Archie and Lili, now based in California.
“And that is a choice they’ve made,” he said, soon taking a sip of his tequila.