This could get sticky fast.
A tourist was pictured roasting marshmallows over an active volcano in Iceland Thursday as other onlookers brought kids to the lava-spewing eruption site, breathtaking photos show.
Some of the ill-advised visitors got dangerously close to the treacherous, molten-burping bowl near Mount Fagradalsfjall to snap photos, according to the images.
The volcano erupted Wednesday afternoon in the town of Grindavik, about 30 miles outside Reykjavik after the area was hit by dozens of earthquakes.
Lava from the volcano flowed for six months after it erupted last year.
In 2018, just days after Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano burst into a cloud of ash, the United States Geological Survey warned folks not to get close enough to roast food.
“Is it safe to roast marshmallows over volcanic vents? Assuming you had a long enough stick, that is? Or would the resulting marshmallows be poisonous?” one Twitter user asked.
USGS replied, “Erm…we’re going to have to say no, that’s not safe. (Please don’t try!)”