Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s dad says he is “proud” of his “brave” daughter for suing Prince Andrew — insisting that the UK royal “should be ashamed” of himself.
“The royals are not above the law,” Sky Roberts, 65, told The Sun — just days after his daughter filed suit accusing the 61-year-old prince of raping her when she was a teen.
“They can’t just do what they want. People fight back. That’s what Virginia is doing, she is fighting back,” Roberts said of his now-38-year-old daughter, whose lawsuit was filed in Manhattan federal court Monday.
“If Prince Andrew puts himself in my position, if this was happening to his daughter, how would he feel?” Roberts asked from his home in Summerfield, Fla.
“He should be ashamed,” the dad said of Andrew, who is reportedly the favorite son of British monarch Queen Elizabeth II.
“He should face up to these charges. I think he is not cooperating because he knows he is guilty,” Roberts claimed, adding that he was “angry about the whole thing.”
Giuffre has alleged for years she was forced to have sex with Andrew three times on the orders of late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and his accused madam, Ghislaine Maxwell.
The accuser says the first incident occurred in Maxwell’s then-London home when Giuffre was just 17, then also at Epstein’s palatial Upper East Side mansion and his private island on the Caribbean.
Her lawsuit “alleges that “Prince Andrew’s actions constitute sexual offenses” including first- and third-degree rape, citing the New York penal code.
“I support my daughter 100 percent,” her father told The Sun of Giuffre, who is now a mom living in Australia.
“I’m sure it was a hard decision for Virginia, but she has done it because it’s the right thing to do.
“[Prince Andrew] has the money and the power, but I hope Virginia comes out ahead. She is persistent when she gets her mind set on something, so I think she will win. She will get her day in court,” the dad said.
“It’s brave, and I’m proud of her.”
Reps for Andrew have yet to comment on the lawsuit and did not respond to messages about Roberts’ interview, The Sun said.
The first hearing in the case has been set for Sept. 13.
British police this week also confirmed that they would be re-examining the UK-tied accusation against the prince.
The prince has previously vehemently denied Giuffre’s claims, as well as even having any knowledge about his pedophile pal Epstein’s despicable past.
Epstein hanged himself in his Manhattan lockup in August 2019 while awaiting trial on serious sex charges.
Maxwell is in custody in Brooklyn awaiting trial for allegedly recruiting underage girls for Epstein. She has pleaded not guilty.